Employer Legal Services
How can we help Employers?
Aiming for a harmonious workplace? In our experience, prevention is always better than the cure.
We are proactive. We help organisations stay out of trouble.
In the event that something goes awry, don’t worry – we work on securing the best possible out in the circumstances with a minimum of fuss.
Are you an EMPLOYER needing legal advice?
- For new employees
- Roll outs to existing staff
- Reviews of existing contracts
- Post employment restraints
Workplace Policies & Procedures
Having legally compliant workplace policies and procedures in place is crucial
- Verbal policies are like the Emperor’s new clothes – you’ll be exposed and you won’t like the draft
- Want employees to need to know what to do, what not to do and know what you expect?
- We can provide you with workplace policies that leave nothing to chance
Workplace litigation, contract disputes & wages claims
- You’re in the business of running your business – not being caught up in litigation
- Extracting employers from Workplace litigation is our job and we do it well
- Unfair dismissals, unlawful termination and discrimination claims – we’re here to help
Counselling & disciplining employees
- Having tough employee conversations comes with your territory – we take the pain out of the process
- Disciplinary sanctions? Ensuring the punishment fits the crime? Being a fair judge?
- When the chips are down, it’s important that you know your disciplinary options
- We don’t let our clients fall for the myth of the 3 warnings rule
- We help you make the right decision
Social media in the workplace
- Employees trash talking you on social media? A sackable offence or untouchable after hours freedom? #weknow
- Stopping employees being distracted by personal mobile phones or devices during work hours?
- Facebook during work – a productivity killer or a happy employee-maker? #paidtowork
- We can help you decide what’s right for you. We can help you manage it.
Bullying, Discrimination and Harassment
- It can be a minefield
- Know what it is and what it isn’t
- Learn how to keep it out of your workplace
- Know how to investigate it
Workplace Investigations of employee misconduct
- Turning a blind eye is not a option
- Either you have to do it or someone else has to do it for you, but you can’t run away from it
- We can break it down simply so that you can do it confidently
- We can show you how to interview the alleged wrongdoer with a minimum of fuss
- Whatever the situation, we can help
Award & industrial agreement interpretation
- Breaching an industrial award or agreement is an expensive business
- It’s critical to get it right – penalties and compensation awards can be massive
- Unraveling the spider’s web is our business
- We can help you to know what applies, what doesn’t and what it all means
Dealing with Unions
- Right of entry or right of interference?
- Are union organisers wanting to come into your workplace?
- Do you have the right to say no?
- How much cooperation and assistance do you need to provide?
- Union representatives in disciplinary interviews? What are their limitations?
- We know the traps and we have the tips
Termination of employment & Redundancy
- If a bad apple needs to go, we can help you minimise the risk
- We take the pain out of dealing with under performers
- Is it really redundancy? Let’s avoid a sham redundancy claim
- When is employee consultation needed?
- Who’s entitled to severance and who isn’t?
Workers compensation claims
- WorkCover claims may be a fact of life, but they shouldn’t be taken lying down
- You need to know what to do and what not to do
- Don’t think the injury deserves compo? We can help you put a persuasive case to WorkCover.
- Not happy with the WorkCover decision? We can challenge it for you or show you how to do it
Workplace Health and Safety
Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) risk management
- Verbal safety instructions? They’re not worth the paper they’re written on
- White collar, blue collar or no collar? Your duty of care doesn’t care about collars
- It’s all about knowing how to minimise risk of injury to your employees – that’s where we come in
- Ask us about our pain free WHS audits
Defending WHS prosecutions
- Minimising the potential damage from the moment of notification
- Taking statements from witnesses
- Dealing with the government regulator on your behalf
- Defending a prosecution
- Mitigate or exonerate? We help you navigate the process as smoothly as possible
Are you an employer needing legal assistance?
We can help you and your business